Thank you for your interest in posting your event to the WPER Community Calendar!
Here are a few guidelines for posting an event:
Please complete the form below with your event information. In general, Your Encouraging WPER will try to have events approved and live on the website within 24-48 hours. If you have any questions about how to complete the form, please email us at [email protected], or call us during business hours at 540-347-4825. Thank you!
If you would like us to contact you about scheduling paid on-air announcements to promote your event, please contact our offices at 540-347-4825 or click here.
Golf 4 Life Golf-a-thon
October 1 @ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
On Friday October 1st, Fredericksburg area golf enthusiasts are coming together for the 2nd annual “Golf 4 Life Golf-a-thon” fundraiser hosted by the CHOICES WOMEN’S CENTER, a local nonprofit pregnancy medical center. Please join a team as a player or individual sponsor to enable CHOICES to continue providing free pregnancy-help services to those in our community facing unplanned pregnancies.
This is an all-day event where golfers strive to play as many holes as possible from sunup & sundown. What’s your max…27, 54, 72, 100 holes? Each golfer’s goal is to raise at least $250 by asking their friends & family to sponsor them (i.e. 10 people for $25 each). So we need YOU to help by signing up to play or be an individual sponsor so that we can reach our $40,000 goal for this pregnancy-help ministry.
1. The golf course will be closed just for us; no more than 40 golfers on the course at a time to facilitate pace of play.
2. There is no entry fee for this event since each golfer is pledging to raise a minimum of $250.
3. All three meals & bottled water are complimentary; additional snacks & beverages available for sale as part of the fundraiser.
4. There will be great prizes & contests all day (e.g. putting, chipping, driving, water-skipping, 9-holes/1-club, hole-in-one).
5. 100-hole-challenge: a few will try this alone while most will forms teams to accomplish the feat.