WPER-FM is seeking a part-time Business Development Representative (Underwriting Representative) for its Fredericksburg, VA office and its broadcast communities.
If you like to win and are energized by introducing yourself and our life-changing ministry to businesses of all sizes, then have we got an opportunity for you!
Impact multiple local communities including Richmond, Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania, Culpeper, Winchester, Luray, Manassas, and more!
This is a commission sales-oriented opportunity. As a Business Development Representative, WPER-FM offers you the freedom to cultivate relationships to expand the Gospel through business clients, as you work to assist them in their marketing needs!
Critical success factors are:
- communication & marketing skills;
- AdeptStrong planning and preparation skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Relentless ability to follow up with clients and partners;
- Honest active listening skills;
- Ability & willingness to generate leads and cold call, when needed;
- Desire to work within the non-profit world with small and large businesses, organizations, and partners;
- Proven ability to generate sales and meet income goals;
- Excuse-free work ethic.
This position is responsible for the underwriting income goals as well as key B-2-B relationship building with WPER-FM’s vast network of businesses and partners. A working knowledge of effecti
ve sales techniques & proven history of meeting or exceeding sales targets strongly preferred.
This position relies heavily on honest relationship building (people skills), income production (sales skills), organizational prowess (task management skills) and a modern and tech-savvy approach toward business, engagement, and team interaction (office + technology skills).
WPER-FM’s Business Development Representative will:
- Use his or her skills to attract new clients & partners, build relationships, and create unique experiences that inspire people to live passionately for Jesus Christ.
- Seek out opportunities (daily) to be in front of new and/or existing clients and partners.
- Actively seek out ways to partner with community organizations at all levels.
- Establish new partnerships that can help promote WPER-FM’s position within the communities we serve.
- Maximize underwriting income for the station in support of goals.
The ideal candidate must be personable, organized, dependable, self-motivated, energetic and extremely detail oriented.
Candidates who are comfortable with commission-based work who possess a background in or a combination of sales, media sales, advertising sales, non-profit underwriting, account management and/or marketing should consider applying for this position.
Ideal candidates possess the following:
- Knowledge or willingness to learn project management software;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Google Docs & Sheets;
- Ability & desire to build relationships with local and regional for-profit and non-profit entities;
- Ability & desire to craft unique experiences that help others;
- Ability to odd and sometimes long hours to achieve sales goals;
- Ability to meet with or call on clients and partners on a regular basis;
- Willing & capable of learning new systems and technologies, as needed;
- Strong in his or her walk with Christ and eager to tie personal experiences into this unique sales role.
- Ability & willingness to work annual Spring and Fall fundraising events as well as mini-fundraisers;
- Some familiarity with Contemporary Christian (CCM) music and artists is beneficial, but not required.
The Business Development Representative:
- Reports to WPER-FM’s General Manager and VP of Underwriting;
- Is responsible for leading and supporting all efforts to grow underwriting income;
- Must comply with established policies and procedures;
- Is responsible for representing WPER-FM and its parent company Positive Alternative Radio well in all public and private engagements;
- Must be in agreement and compliance with the Positive Alternative Radio Mission and Vision statements as well as its Ways of Being. They are as follows:
+ MISSION: We will change the world by creating & delivering experiences that inspire people to live passionately for Jesus Christ.
+ VISION: To be the standard by which all Christian Media is measured.
+ WAYS OF BEING: Be passionate / Be caring / Be the standard / Be allergic to quitting / Be flexible / Be winning / Be positive / Be learning / Be honest / Be creating the future
The incumbent may spend long periods of time sitting and using office equipment, telephones, and other technologies.
The incumbent will be required to drive long distances on a near daily basis in support of underwriting goals. This will require the use of a personal vehicle.
The incumbent may spend long periods of time on the computer working on tasks which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, and clear communication with team members.
The incumbent must effectively observe and communicate deadlines. This position, by nature, come with a high degree of pressure to meet and/or exceed daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
Job Type: Part-time (Commission)
Interested applicants should send a resume & cover letter to WPER-FM, Attn: Megan Billingsley, PO Box 906, Fredericksburg VA 22404, or send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
WPER-FM is owned and operated by Positive Alternative Radio, Inc. EOE.